The theme of the blog train is moments that matter. My moment comes from a very sad moment in my life. My family suffered the loss of my Dad in June. He had been ill for a while, but it was still a shock. He passed away early in the morning and I remember waking up Melinda and having to tell her. It was so hard. We just stood and hugged with tears rolling down our faces. The moment that matters to me was at the funeral. Melinda and I were sitting next to each other. At one point during the service I laid my head on her shoulder. She laid her head on mine. That moment matters to me because I know I have someone whose shoulder I can always lean on both physically and metaphorically. She has always been there for me as a friend, someone to listen, someone to encourage me, to make me laugh. Those little moments like that are just as important as the big ones. That was one moment I will never forget.
Here is a quick page that I created using the fabulous new kit, "Moments that Matter" by the ScrapMatters design team.

Sorry this link has expired
Enjoy! Your next stop is the blog of one of SM's fabulous designers, Amber of Stolen Moments. If at any point you get lost, you can find the entire list at ScrapMatters Blog.
Enjoy iNSD!!!
Melissa





6 comments:
My heart goes out to you; I know how painful it is to lose your father. But out of the sadness came that one special and beautiful moment you will always remember. Thanks for sharing your story and the gorgeous QP!
Melinda, what a beautiful story to share. Thank you for the story and the freebie. It is a beautiful quickpage.
Thanks for sharing your "moment" and the beautiful QP!
Thank you for sharing your time & talent.
gorgeous qp. thank-u.
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know how much I LOVE your layouts! I am new to digital scrapping but fell in love with Brittish Designs because of her gorgeous Disney inspired kits. (I am a Disney fanatic, too!) Every time I see a layout that I love it says "Melissa". I will be scraplifting more than one! Thanks for the inspiration and have a magical day;)
Post a Comment